Tag Archives: BeadforLife
Travel to Uganda with Conservation Concepts and BeadforLife
April 11 – 21, 2012 I will be leading my seventh trip to Uganda in partnership with my wife’s organization, BeadforLife.
This trip to Uganda is full-immersion, and will be a very powerful experience. This is not Africa through the windows of an air-conditioned bus, but a chance to feel the red dust on your face and engage one-on-one with some of the most welcoming people in the world.
Here is a sample of what you will experience:
- Learn about the complicated issues of global poverty and BeadforLife’s holistic approach to poverty eradication.
- Visit BeadforLife’s Friendship Village to see the life-changing benefits of home ownership
- Go on a 4-day safari in spectacular Murchison Falls National Park
- Explore environmental issues and their impacts on people’s lives
- Visit an AIDS clinic and find out what living with HIV means in Africa
Follow the link to learn more about traveling to Uganda with Conservation Concepts and BeadforLife. And please forward this message on to your friends!
I want to share this story from the most recent BeadforLife newsletter (full disclosure – my wife is a co-founder of BeadforLife).
The reason I want to share it is that it is an inspiring story that shows the power of a little bit of seed capital in the right hands. This woman didn’t receive a hand-out, she received an opportunity and worked hard to save the money that allowed her to slowly start and expand her businesses. Continue reading